Sunday, May 10, 2020

May snow

Lacking in sleep and cranky. I had a topic in mind to post butI'm just not in the mood now. It rained most of yesterday, with a brief late afternoon break for a dog walk but then back at it for the rest of the evening and night. The wind picked up, snow started blowing around and something or other was banging on the front porch outside my bedroom. I had to get up a couple of times to find out what it was and stop it. Now I can spit nails.

I drove to the Reservoir with Hapi just because I couldn't face walking. It has stopped snowing but it is still very windy and cold. A couple of people greeted me with waves and smiles and I tried to respond in a halfway friendly manner but really wished they hadn't noticed me. Maybe it was Hapi that they were smiling and waving at.

So far May has been despicable and there is no end in sight.

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

It's been hotter than usual down here in Tucson but supposedly closer to normal this next week. So much though complicates feeling good right now with all that is going on.

joared said...

Snow on the U.S. east coast my family tells me, but we were having hot weather on the opposite coast here in Southern California.