Monday, May 4, 2020

Dog trails and Snowbirds

It has been great being able to take Hapi to the Reservoir but there is a downside to it that may limit our visits in the future. One is that her daily baths in the pond have caused her to stink. I don't want to be cleaning her up every day so maybe taking her to the pond every day is not a great idea.

The other is that there is a group of dogwalkers who like to meet there every day and stand around while their dogs play; they kind of clog up the arteries, so to speak. I have to go a lot earlier or later than I really want to in order to avoid them, so that kind of takes the shine off it. There are other places I can go that aren't as stressful.

A short while ago I was struggling to get out of my recliner in order to take my dirty lunch dishes to the sink and I was thinking that my daily routine hasn't changed a lot since I was sick, I am still spending a large part of the day reclining in one place or another. Sickness has been replaced by laziness.

Gardening is progressing, I planted a few more seeds yesterday and setup a chicken wire screen for peas to climb on. Since it was very warm and sunny I took all my seedlings outdoors for a few hours, but today is a lot cooler and cloudier so they are staying indoors (more due to laziness than weather).

Yesterday the Snowbirds were supposed to do a fly-over but I never heard or saw them. I went looking on the internet to see what happened but there were conflicting stories so I give up. Somebody told me that they cancelled due to cloudy weather but I didn't think it was that cloudy yesterday. I just looked it up again and apparently they skipped my part of the country due to fuel considerations (see what The Beaverton has to say about that).

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

I am having to work to do any exercising-- not healthy but logical.