Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Colour


We've made it to the Reservoir a couple of times since my last post, as I said Hapi has good days and bad days. On Sunday the colours were magnificent. They still are, but Sunday was a blue sky day that made for stunning contrasts of primary colours: red, blue and yellow. There were lots of people without dogs there, just enjoying the colours. A friend was telling me that she really liked the reds, and I said the yellows were nice too because particularly on a cloudy day they brighten everything up.

The ducks

The ducks are back, males are in the majority. There's a bit of courting going on for the few remaining unattached females. I saw one couple doing their head nodding courting routine, and a male halfway across the pond came zooming over to interrupt the proceedings. It's very competitive out there. The bald eagles are more present as well, always on the lookout for an opportunity. Such lovely killers.

The eagle tree, with eagle flying just behind and to the left of it

I am going to see a homeopath tomorrow. Expensive, but I had good luck with one I saw a couple of decades ago with the same symptoms. In preparation for tomorrow's appointment I had to fill out a form about my medical history and what I was currently experiencing. An interesting process. Our healthcare system does not allow for automatic universal medical records, whether your medical records get passed from one GP to the next entirely depends on your own efforts. I've experienced a couple of gaps of years without a GP, and by the time I get a new GP I am not sure I want to pursue getting old records forwarded. And certainly all the new GPs I've had displayed zero interest in my past medical history.


I don't know how valid homeopathy is, it certainly does not fit with any science that I am familliar with. However, at least homeopaths are interested in knowing your past health history, whether physical, mental or emotional. The one I will be seeing works out of a clinic that includes other health practitioners, including a GP. The appointment is expected to last 2 hours.



3 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Those colours are magnificent. We are having a splendid fall here too.

Good luck with the homeopath. I had one in Toronto but she skedaddled to the north having completed research on the the toxicity of Lake Ontario and high breast cancer cases. I miss her.

XO
WWW

Joared said...

Spectacular colors — am partial to the reds and colors I remember fron our maples. Glad you could have that walk.

ElizabethAnn said...

My phone camera doesn't really do the colours justice, it really is spectacular!