Saturday, May 8, 2021

I bought a truck

My old truck, November 2011
I bought a truck yesterday. Or at least, agreed to buy a truck, I will take delivery of it on Monday.

It is not what I intended to do, kind of a spur of the moment thing. I looked this truck up on the internet and it gets so-so reviews and the price we agreed on is a little high, but I don't care. When my friend J (B's son) dropped by to tell me about this truck I told him I'd think about it, but I was so excited that it was not possible to be rational about it. I realized that in spite of best laid plans, that truck was what I really wanted. So I went to see it, drove it, chatted for an hour with J and the owner, and struck the deal. He wants cash so I'll get that on Monday.

It's a Chevy S10, same make and model as my old truck, but a few differences. More powerful engine and smaller cab, somewhat more recent vintage. I had a relationship with my old S10 and was sorry to see it go, but I don't have a relationship with my current vehicle, it's just a means to an end. I am already very excited about this new(er) S10. Although it is not so new as my current vehicle; the term "new" doesn't really apply.

In a month of disappointment and sadness, it's good to have something to look forward to.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Big move, there Annie. Are you planning on modifying it. I.E. Camper?

XO
WWW

ElizabethAnn said...

WWW, I'm thinking about it, but not right away. There are advantages to an 'uncamperized' truck, and I have no plans for going anywhere soon. One step at a time :-)