Sunday, March 29, 2020

Oh it's really happening!


Today I saw snow drops.


Spring is really coming!

Two young folks arrived late last night next door. My neighbour warned me that her boyfriend and his sister were driving in from BC, so I shouldn't worry about the strange car parked in her driveway with two people sleeping in it. Sure enough 'the strange car' was there this morning, with two people sleeping inside. They have to self-isolate and my neighbour has booked an Airbnb place for them starting tonight, but they can't come indoors until then. It was a bit cold last night but pretty warm today so they are lucky.

The neighbour bought a couple of big bags of groceries for them to take to the Airbnb, and she left a box of beer out on her doorstep for them. I gather they both had jobs out west that have now evaporated, so they've returned home. Welcome back. I spoke with them briefly around noon, they told me that it took five days to drive back, the last 34 hours was non-stop. Wow. They got stopped at the border between Quebec and New Brunswick and were told not to stop, so they didn't. I wonder how they managed to get gas.

I took Hapi for a walk through the local university campus this morning, lots of walking paths and no people, a nice off-leash park.

While walking with Hapi yesterday a friend Facetimed me, that was a surprise. She's been sick longer than me, about a month. Same symptoms, I probably have whatever she has. But she says she's starting to feel better now, so that's good, something to look forward to.

Two weeks down, two to go…

4 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

Glad to have your blog with the name you prefer :)

ElizabethAnn said...

Thanks Rain. :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Welcome to your new virtual home. Do I now call you Elizabeth Anne?

XO
WWW

ElizabethAnn said...

Either or, WWW, I answer to both but I am trying to change it over...